‹‹‹ prev (1656)

(1658) next ›››

(1657)
MISCELLANEOUS.
197
GLASGOW BALLAD CLUB.
Instituted 1876.
Hon. president, James Hedderwick, Esq., LL.D. ;
president, William Freeland, Esq. ; vice-president,
Sheriff Spens, LL.D. ; secretary, Walter Buchanan,
Dunclutha, Tollcross.
The club meets during the session (October to
May) in the North British Station Hotel, George
Square, on the second Saturday of each month, at
eight o'clock p.m.
Object — The production and friendly criticism of
original ballads and poems, and the study of ballads
and ballad literature.
MISCELLANEOUS.
ROYAL NORTHERN YACHT CLUB.
Patroness — The Queen.
Commodore, Sir Michael Robert Shaw Stewart,
Bart. ; vice-commodore, Mr. George Coats, of Belle-
isle; rear-commodore, R. M. Donaldson; stewards,
Wm. Jamieson, Thos. Steven, P. M. Coats, P. M.
Inglis, James Lilburn, J. B. Macindoe, C. A. Allan,
W. W. M'Lellan, James Reid, John C. Connell,
Peter Donaldson, and F. J. Stephen ; secretary and
treasurer, T. F. Donald; secretary's office, 104 West
George St., Glasgow. Club House, Rothesay.
The admission for ordinary members is £3 entrance
money, and £3 annual subscription.
The yachts of this club have the special privilege,
by warrant from the Lords of the Admiralty, of wear-
ing the blue ensign ; they have also the privilege of
entering the ports of France, Holland, &c, free of
dues. The Lords Commissioners of her Majesty's
Treasury have been pleased to concede to this club all
the privileges usually granted to other Royal Yacht
Clubs. The distinguishing flags of the Club are, " Blue
Burgee with Yellow Crown and Anchor, and Blue En-
sign."
The Annual Regattas of the Club take place at
Rothesay.
ROYAL CLYDE YACHT CLUB.
Commodore, Col. John Scott, C.B. ; vice-commo-
dore, George Bullough ; rear- commodore, Peter
Donaldson ; stewards, P. M. Coats, P. M. Inglis,
Arthur C. Connell, Wm. Adam, Kenneth M. Clark,
J. B. Hilliard, D. F. D. Neill, Matthew Greenlees,
jun. ; secretary and treasurer, William York, 180
Hope street, Glasgow. Club House, Hunter's Quay.
The admission is £4 4s. entrance money, and
£2 2s. annual subscription for inport members, and
£1 Is. for outport members.
The yachts of this club have the special privilege,
by warrant from the Lords of the Admiralty, of
wearing the blue ensign. The distinguishing flags of
the club are " Blue Burgee with Red Lion on Yellow
Shield, surmounted by Crown, and Blue Ensign."
The Annual Regattas of the club take place at
Hunter's Quay.
CLYDE AMATEUR ROWING CLUB.
Established 1865.
Hon. President, J. G. A. Baird, Esq., M.P. ; presi-
dent, W. B. Neilson ; hon. secretary, John Grieve,
52 Holmhead Street; hon. treasurer, John Dick, 4
Newton Street. Club-hous>e, South side of River,
. east of Green Suspension Bridge.
Annual subscription : — Seniors, £1 Is. ; juniors
(under 20 years of age), 10s. 6d. ; hon. life member-
ship, £1 Is.
CLYDE CORINTHIAN YACHT CLUB.
Commodore, Stewart Clark; vice- commodore, W.
W. Maclellan ; rear-commodore, Robert Cross ;
stewards, William A. Wylie, Andrew Mitchell, Duncan
Campbell, John Connell, P. M. Coats, D. F. D. Neill,
A. W. Steven, Robert M. Mann, R. Corry Clark,
and J. H. Downes, junr. ; hon. secretary and treas-
urer, R. Harvey Pirie, 173 St. Vincent street.
The admission for members is £1 Is., and annual
subscription £1 Is. ; junior members (under 21) and
lady members 10s. 6d. admission, and 10s. 6d.
subscription.
The distinguishing flags of the club are " Red Burgee
with White St. George's Cross, and Red Lion Ram-
pant on Yellow Shield, and a Red Ensign. "
The matches of the club are held at Hunter's
Quay.
MAXWELL MODEL YACHT CLUB.
Sailing Pond, Maxwell Park.
This club was formed in 189 L to promote the de-
signing, building, and sailing of model yachts.
Patrons, Sir John Stirling Maxwell Bart, M.P.,
H. M. Shaw-Stewart, Esq., M.P., Alex. Bruce, Esq ,
Bailie Carswell, Major Caasels, Thos. Lawson, Esq.,
John C. M'Kellar, Esq., LA , Bailie Primrose, Edw.
Scott, Esq., Duncan Sillars, Esq., Finlay Smith, Esq.
Hon. commodore, Major Cassels; commodore, John
Fairley ; vice-commodore, Jas. Spence ; rear-com-
modore, Thos. M'Kenzie; secretary, John C. Hamilton,
9 Matilda Road, Pollokshields.
NATIONAL SKATING ASSOCIATION
(Scottish Branch).
Headquarters — 102 Bath Street, Glasgow.
President, Robert Burns Begg, Esq. ; hon. secy.,
W. Pollock Wylie.
CLYDESDALE CRICKET CLUB.
Instituted 1848.
GKOUND — TITWOOD PARK, CROSSMYLOOF.
Patrons, Earl of Glasgow and Sir J. Stirling-Max-
well, Bart.; hon. president, John Robb, Esq., Busby
House, Busby; president, A. Campbell, Esq.; vice-
president, T. C. M'Leod, Esq. ; hon. secretary,
Richard Murray, 109 Hope St; hon. treasurer, Jas.
Kinghorn, Bank of Scotland, Glassford St.; hon. match
secretary, Jas. J. M'Lennan, 150 W. George Street;
general committee, Messrs. P. H. Abercrombie, John
Brown, Jas. G. Gray, A. M. Hosie, E. Hendry, H.
C. Jack, Jas. Kinghorn, T. C. M'Leod, James J.
M'Lennan, William Martin, Richard Murray, and J,
D. Smellie.

Images and transcriptions on this page, including medium image downloads, may be used under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence unless otherwise stated. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence