‹‹‹ prev (1804)

(1806) next ›››

(1805)
1785
INSTITUTIONS
WESTERN INFIRMARY OF GLASGOW.
Hours for admission of Patients. — In-door patients,
with lines, from 12 till 1 o'clock daily (Sunday ex-
cepted). Accidents and urgent cases admitted at any
hour. Dispensary open daily (Sunday excepted) at
2 o'clock. Diseases of women on Mondays,
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 3.30 p.m.;
diseases of the ear on Wednesdays and Saturdays at
3.30 p.m.; diseases of the teeth on Mondays and Thurs-
days at 3.30 p.m.; diseases of the throat on Tuesdays
and Fridays at 4 p.m. Vaccination performed
gratuitously at the Dispensary on Mondays and
Thursdays at 12 noon.
Dr. Mackintesh, M.V.O., superintendent; Henry
Johnston, secretary and treasurer, 87 Union Street.
THE INCORPORATED GLASGOW DENTAL
HOSPITAL.
15 Dalhousie Street.
Instituted 1879; re-constituted 1900; incor-
porated 1904; supported by voluntary contributions
Open daily from 5 to 7 p.m. (except Saturday and
Sunday), for the extraction of, and all operations
upon, the teeth — free.
President, Sir Wm Bilsland, Bart., Lord Provost
of the City of Glasgow; consulting physician,
vacant ; consulting surgeon, Prof. Sir William
Macewan, M.D., LL.D. ; consulting dental
surgeon, W. S Woodbum, L.D.S.; con
suiting anassthetist, T. Brown Heuderson, M.D.,
F.F.P.S. ; Dean, J. M. Maemillan, L.R.C S. &
P.E., L.F.P.S., L.D.S.; dental surgeons, W. Wallace.
M.A., M.B., CM., L.D.S., W. H. Woodbum,
L.D.S., D.D.S., H. M'Kay, L.R.C.S. & P.E.,
L.F.P.S., L.D.S., W. D. Anderson, L.R.C.S. &
P.E., L.F.P.S., L.D.S., J. M. Maemillan, L.R.C.S
& P.E., L.F.P.S., L.D.S., R. S. Grant, L.D.S.,
W. W. Dickie, L.R.C.S. & P.E., L.F.P.S., L.D.S.,
J. C. Gardner, L.D.S., J. G. S. Angus, L.D.S.,
J. D. Brownlie, L.U.S., J. F. Webster, L.D.S.,
W. B. Hepburn, L.D.S., W. A. Harrop, L.D.S.,
J. H. Stromier, LD.S., James Hepburn, L.D S ,
J. M. Xoble, L.R.C.S. & P.E., L.D.S.,G. C. Kennie,
L. D.S., Percy J. Thomson, L.D.S.; administrators
of anaesthetics, R. H. Henderson, M.B., CM,
J. P. Boyd, M.B., CM., F.F.P.S., John W.
Renton, M.B , Ch.B. ; lecturers— dental surgery and
pathology, J. M. Maemillan, L.R.C.S. & P.E.,
L.FP.S., L.D.S. ; dental anatomy and physiology,
W. Wallace, M.A., M.B., CM., L.D.S.; dental
mpchanics, H. M'Kay, L.R.C.S. & P.E., L.F.P.S ,
L.D.S.; dental metallurgy, W. Bruce Hepburn, L.D.S ;
dental materia medica and therapeutics, W. W. Dickie
L.R.C.S. & P.E., LF.P.S., L.D.S.; dental bacteri-
ology, J. F. Webster, L.R.C.S. & P.E., L.D.S.;
tutor for preliminary classes, Adam Cubie, L.D.S.;
hnuse surgeon, W. H. Clarke, L.D.S. ; assistant
house surgeon. J. S. Miller, LD.S.; secretary and
treasurer, D. M. Alexander, writer, 97 West Regent
Street.
THE GLASGOW HOSPITAL FOR SKIN
DISEASES— 30 Elmbank Street.
Patron — His Grace the Duke of Montrose, K.T.
President, vacant ; vice-pres-ident, The Right Hon.
James A. Campbell of Stracathro, LL D. ; extra-
ordinary directors, Sir James Bell, Bart, ex- Lord
Provost of Glasgow, The Very Rev. Professor
Charteris, D.D., Principal MacAhster, M D., D.C.L.,
LL. D., Sir James King, Bart., ex-Lord Provost, Wm.
Ker, Robert Gourlay, Col. Geo. M'Call, Col. J. M.
Denny, Sir John Stirling Maxwell, Bart.
Ordinary directors, James Grahame (chairman),
Charles M. King, Hickson Fergusson, J. Pirrie,
Hugh B. Crum, Robert Maconechy, D. M. Crerar-
Gilbert, H. W. M. Christie; physician, pro tem.,
Dr. Wyllie Nicol. Hon. treas., A. S. M'Clelland,
C.A. , 116 St. Vincent Street; hon. secy., Archd
Craig, LL.B., 149 W. George Street.
Gratuitous advice to the poor afflicted with diseases
of the skin and hair, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and
Fridays, at 2 o'clock p.m. In connection with the
Hospital two wards for skin di?eases are provided in
the Western Infirmary, to which the directors have
power to send the more serious cases. Upwards of
b2,000 patients have been treated since the founda-
tion of the Hospital. A practical course for students
is held during the summer session. The Hospital
is entirely supported by voluntary contributions.
LOCK HOSPITAL.
41 Rottenrow Street.
Incorporated by seal of cause from the Magistrates
and Town Council, and supported by voluntary
contributions.
This institution was formed in 1805, for the cure
of unfortunate females. The directors are chosen
annually, and consist of one from the Clergy, one
from the Town Council, one from the Merchants'
House, one from the Trades' House, two from the
Faculty of Physicians and Surgeons, and eight from
the general body of subscribers.
Dr Thomas Kay, chief acting surgeon ; Dr. David
Watson and Dr. A. Louise M'llroy, assistant
surgeons; R. C Greig, C.A, secretary and treasurer,
104 West George Street.

Images and transcriptions on this page, including medium image downloads, may be used under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence unless otherwise stated. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence