‹‹‹ prev (1511)

(1513) next ›››

(1512)
162
MISCELLANEOUS.
Me. BOGUE'S choir.
Pianist, Mr. L. Seymour Taylor.
The object of Mr. Bogue's Choir is to cultivate
a taste for vocal music. The members pay a small
amiual subscription, andhonorarymembers pay 10s. 6d.
annually, for which they receive two tickets for re-
served seats at each concert.
During the season the Choir give two concerts in
Glasgow, and are prepared to accept professional
engagements in town or country. At those concerts
given by the Choir the programme usually includes
specimens of ancient or modern madrigals, glees, and
part songs, many of the latter being written for the
Choir by prominent composers, such as J. C. Grieve,
Herr Georg Asch, Charles Vincent, Mus. Doc. Oxon,
Arthur Berridge, Arthur G. Colborn, and many others.
Press notices, and all information relative to the
Choir, may be obtained from the conductor, Mr.
John Bogue, 130 Holland Street.
THE GLASGOW SOCIETY OF MUSICIANS.
This Society, started in 1884, has for its objects
the cultivation and promotion of musical art, as well
as social and friendly intercourse among musicians
and friends of music.
Acting secretary and treasurer, Hugh A. Stirling,
133 St. Vincent Street.
GLASGOW AMATEUR ORCHESTRAL SOCIETY.
Instituted 1870.
Conductor, Mr. W. T. Hoeck.
Committee — President, Mr. A. C. Holms ; vice-
president, Mr. T. J. Primrose ; Mr. Walter Dixon,
Mr. .John Paterson, Sir. J. Cowan Paterson, Mr. R.
D. Waddell ; hon. librarian, Mr. W. A. Buchanan ;
hon. treasurer, Mr. W. R. Slachell ; hon. secretary,
Mr. Wm. Peacock, 2 Wilton Mansions.
The object of the Society is to aiford local amateurs
an opportunity of studying classical orchestral music.
Practisings are held weekly in St. Andrew's Halls
during the season (September till April),
The annual subscription of executant members is
£1 Is., and of honorary members 10s. 6d. and
upwards.
Ladies or gentlemen desirous of becoming executant
or honorary members are invited to communicate with
the secretary or any member of committee.
MISCELLANEOUS.
ROYAL WESTERN YACHT CLUB.
Commodore, A. Bain, Esq., steam yacht "Romany,"
117 tons; vice-commodore, Henry Allan, Esq.; rear-
commodore, T. Steven, jr., yacht " Astore "; stewards,
Messrs. Robert Cross, yacht "Windward," 18 tons;
Peter Donaldson, yacht " Callana," 90 tons; N. B.
Stewart, jun., D. M'Glashan, J. Thomson, juD., P.
B. Simons, James E. Aspin, A. W. Steven, J.
Rennie, and J. Stewart Clark, jun. ; hon, secretary
and treasurer, John M. Murray, 82 West Regent
Street, Glasgow.
The annual subscription is £1 Is. The yachts of
this club have the special privilege, by warrant from
the Lords of the Admiralty, of wearing the blue
ensign. The distinguishing fiags of the club are
" Blue Burgee with Yellow Thistle on a Red Shield
bordered with Yellow, surmounted by Crown and
Blue Ensign."
The Annual Regattas and Matches of the club take
place at Rothesay, Wemyss Bay, and Helensburgh.
GLASGOW MODEL YACHT CLUB.
SAILING FOND — KELVINSIDE.
Patrons, The Most Noble the Marquis of Ailsa,
the Right Hon. the Earl of Glasgow, Hon. James
Bell, Lord Provost of Glasgow, Duncan Stevenson,
Esq., Riddrie Park, Millerston, Thomas B. Seath,
Esq., shipbuilder, Rutherglen, Wm. M'Oran Camp-
bell, Esq. of Tullichewan, Wm. Ferguson PoUok,
3 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, Fred. J. Stephen,
Esq., Linthouse, Govan, and James M. Thomson,
Esq., Glen Tower, Gt. Western road,
G. L. Watson, Esq., hon, commodore ; Mr. Andrew
Walker, comniodore, 65 Rose Street, s.s, ; Mr, Matthew
Nelson, vice- commodore, 8 Stewart ville Street, Partick;
Mr. Neil M'Kay, rear-commodore, 19 Hill Street;
Mr. William Thorburn, hon. secretary and treasurer,
78 Crossburn Street.
ROYAL NORTHERN YACHT CLUB.
Patroness — The Queen.
Commodore, Sir Michael Robert Shaw Stewart,
Bart. ; vice-commodore, Mr. George Coats, of Belle-
isle ; rear-commodore, Robert Cross ; stewards, W.
W. MaoLellan, James Lilburn, Chas. Clapperton, W.
J. Chiystal, Jas. Reid, Patrick Rattray, And. Arthur,
Henry Allan, John Henderson, Wm. Jamieson, Johu
C, Connell, and Thomas Steven, jun, ; secretary and
treasurer, T. F. Donald; secretary's office, 104 West
George St., Glasgow. Club House, Rothesay.
The admission for ordinary members is £o entrance
money, and £3 annual subscription.
The yachts of this club have the special privilege,
by warrant from the Lords of the Admiralty, of wear-
ing the blue ensign ; they have also the privilege of
entering the ports of France, Holland, &c., free of
dues. The Lords Commissioners of her Majesty's
Treasury have been pleased to concede to this club all
the privileges usually granted to other Royal Yacht
Clubs. The distinguishing flags of the Club are, "Blue
Burgee with Yellow Crown and Anchor, and Blue En-
sign."
The Annual Regattas of the Club take place at
Rothesay.
MAXWELL MODEL YACHT CLUB.
Sailing Pond, Maxwell Park.
Hon. commodore, Joseph Russell, Esq., Greenock ;
commodore, Mr. Peter Carse ; vice-commodore, Mr,
A. Brooks ; secretary, T. Bishop, 27 Regent Park
Square, Strathbungo.
NATIONAL SKATING ASSOCIATION
(Scottish Bkaxch),
Headquarters — 74 Bath Street, Glasgow.
President, Robert Burns Begg, Esq. ; hon. secy,,
W. Pollock Wylie.

Images and transcriptions on this page, including medium image downloads, may be used under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence unless otherwise stated. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence