‹‹‹ prev (1507)

(1509) next ›››

(1508)
158
MEDICAL AND SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTIONS.
GLASGOW HOSPITAL AND DISPENSAKY
FOR DISEASES OF THE EAR.
28 Elmbank Crescent.
Patrons, The Right Hon. Lord Lovat, Beaufort
Castle, Beauly ; Sir James Bain, Park Terrace; Thos.
Brown, Esq., Dalnair, Drymen; Rev. Dr. J. Elder
Gumming, Sandyford ; Peter Denny, Esq. , Dumbarton ;
C. R. Dunlop, Esq., Edinburgh; R. Gourlay,
Esq., Bank of Scotland; Leonard Gow, Esq., Hays-
ton, Kelvinside; Chas. M. King, Esq., Antermony
House, Milton of Campsie ; Dr. Lapraik ; J. R. Mar-
tin, Esq., Jessieville, Helensburgh; Sir J. D. Mar-
wick, Council Chambers; John Miller, Esq., Kings-
borough Gardens, Kelvinside; ex-Bailie Mon-ison,
Ashcraig, Kelvinside; George Readman, Esq., Clydes-
dale Bank; H. L. Seligmann, Esq., 1 Victoria Cres.,
Dowanhill; Ales. Stephen, Esq., of Kelly; David
Tod, Esq., Eastwood Park; John Watson, Esq., of
Earnock; Jas. Wilson, Esq., of Bantaskin ; John
Wilson, Esq., M.P. Hillhead House. Honorary
Medical Staff, Professor W. T. Gairdner, 225 St.
Vincent Street, senior consulting physician; Dr.
J. Cowan Woodburn, 197 Bath St., consulting dental
surgeon; Dr. Joseph Coats, 31 Lynedoch St., patho-
logist; Dr. Thos. Reid, 9 Elmbank St., consulting
ophthalmic surgeon ; Dr. T. Brown Henderson, anaes-
thetist ; Dr. Arthur Mechan, consulting throat
surgeon, 11 Newton Ter. ; Dr. A. K. Ii-vine, 3 Newton
Ter.; Dr. A. L. Kelly, 24 Carlton PL Dr. Thos. BaiT,
13 Woodside Place, aural surgeon ; Dr. F. V. Adams,
Dr. Jas. G. Connal, clinical assistants; Mr. Rees
Price, dental surgeon. Curator and Matron, Mr. and
Mrs. D. W. Donaldson; Robert Gourlay, Esq., Bank
of Scotland, hon. treasurer; Adam Sutherland, 71a
West Nile St., secy.
This charitable institution is supported by public
and voluntary subscription, its object being the ad-
vancement of this special department of medical
science by lectures and clinical teaching to students,
and the gratuitous treatment of poor persons suffer-
ing from all forms of ear disease and deafness.
Number of patients treated annually over 1000.
The hospital, which contains 12 beds for in-door
patients, is always open for m'gent cases. Out-door
patients are seen daily at 2 p.m. by Dr. Barr and
assistants.
THE GLASGOW CANCER HOSPITAL (FREE),
163 Hill Street, Garnethill.
Patronesses. — H.R.H. Princess Louise ; Her Grace
the Duchess of Montrose ; the Countess of Breadal-
bane ; the Hon. Lady Blythswood ; Lady Campbell of
Garscube ; Lady King of Levernholm.
Patrons. — The Most Noble the Marquis of Lome,
K.T. ; the Earl of Aberdeen ; Lord Polwarth ; Sir
John Muir, Bart. ; Sir Kenneth Mackenzie, Bart. ; Sir
Charles Tennant, Bart. ; Sir Andrew M'Lean ; Ad-
miral J. C. Campbell ; J. G. A. Baird, Esq., M.P. ;
James Hozier, Esq., M.P. ; John Wilson, Esq., M.P. ;
Colonel Malcolm of Poltalloch ; Rev. Henry Bremuer,
D.D. ; Rev. J. Elder Gumming, D.D. ; Rev. John
Watt, D.D., Rev. J. Eynon Davies.
President, ex-Bailie Mitchell ; vice-president,
Alexander MacKay.
Board of Directors. — D. Crawford, John Davidson,
Robert Gourlay, Ex-Bailie Mitchell, Ales. MacKay,
Adair Campbell.
Surgeon — George T. Beatson, M.D. ; assistant
surgeon, R. 0. Adamson, M.A, M.B.GM.; consulting
physician, Samson Gemmell, M.D., 17 Woodside PI.;
consulting surgeon, ; district surgeon, Robert
Jardine, M.D. ; dispensary surgeon, A. N. M'Gregor,
M.D. ; pathologist, Robert M. Buchanan, M.B., C.M.j
matron. Miss Torrance.
Hon. Treasurer — Robt. Gourlay, Bank of Scotland.
Hon. Secretary — David Laughland, Bank of Scot-
land, 104 Hope street.
The Cancer Hospital is to meet the urgent neces-
sity for the in-door treatment of cancerous diseases.
This is the only hospital for such cases in Scotland,
and should therefore appeal with strong claims to
the consideration and benevolence of this city.
Its benefits aa'e free to the poor of both seses, from
all parts of the country. Attendance, daily between
9.30 and 10.30 a.m. at the hospital. Patients un-
suitable for admission to the hospital are treated
at their own homes.
This hospital has no connection with the GlasgovT
Cancer and Skin Institution, 409 St. Vincent street.
JOINT HOSPITAL (KNIGHTSWOOD) FOR
THE BURGH OF PARTICK, AND FOR
PART OP THE DISTRICT ADDED TO THE
CITY OF GLASGOW.
Board of Directors: — Peter Stracban, Hugh Craw-
ford, Donald Wright, Jas. Caird, William Miller,
and George Green, representatives of the burgh of
Partick; Robert Murdoch, James Dick, E. W. Lang-
lands, Jas. M. Thomson, and James Steele, repre-
sentatives of the City of Glasgow. Chairman, Robt.
Murdoch ; J. M. Taylor, writer, 180 St. Vincent St.,
secretaiy and treasurer; Iain Clerk, BI.B., resident
medical officer; Miss Jane Stuart, matron.
GLASGOW SAMARITAN HOSPITAL FOR
WOMEN.
Temporary Premises — 71 St. James' St., Kingston.
Telephone No. 1533.
President, Lord Blythswood, of Blythswood;
vice-president, Sir James King, Bart.,LL.D. ; hon.
treasurer, Geo. Mitchell, British Linen Co. Bank,
Hutchesontown ; secretary and treasurer, Thomas
MacQuaker, writer, 89 West Regent street ; consulting
physician. Dr. Samuel Sloan; consulting sargeon^
Prof. D. N. Knox, M.D. ; surgeons, J. Stuart Nairne,
F.R.G.S.Ed., J. K. Kelly, M.B.C.M., F.F.P.S. ;
physicians, George Halket, M.D., Nigel Stark, M.D.,
David Tindal, M.D., and George Bell Todd, M.B.,
CM. ; ansesthetist, John Barrie, M.D. ; pathologist,
John Brown, M.D. ; clinical assistant, E. Dorothy
Lyness, M.B.C.M. ; dispensary physicians, Alexander
Rankin, M.D., J. G. Howie, M.B.C.M., A. W. Russell,
M.D., Alice F. M'Laren, M.D., and George W.
Thomson, M.B.C.M. ; matron, Miss Morton.
The objects of this Institution, which is entirely sup-
ported by voluntary contributions, are (1) to provide
for the free medical and surgical treatment of women
afflicted with disease, and more especially with disease
peculiar to then- sex, unsuitable for the wards of a
general infirmary, and to provide a dispensary and
furnish advice and medicine to those who cannot be
received mto the hospital ; (2) to promote the ad-
vancement of medical and surgical science with

Images and transcriptions on this page, including medium image downloads, may be used under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence unless otherwise stated. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence