‹‹‹ prev (880)

(882) next ›››

(881)
MISCELLANEOUS.
109
EOYAL NORTHERN YACHT CLUB.
Patroness — The Queen.
The Right Hon. the Earl of Glasgow, commodore ;
Sir. M. R. Shaw Stewart, Bart., vice-commodore;
G. Elder, Esq., rear-commodore; R. F. Shaw Stewart,
A. Morrison, W. Houldsworth, C. T. Cooper, jun.
D. Richardson, T. Houldsworth, A. S. Schaw, J. M.
Rowan, J. S. Mills, B. Noble, and F. Powell, stewards.
The admission for ordinary Members is £5 entrance
money, and £3 annual subscription.
Honorary Members are also admitted. The per-
sons eligible are admirals, captains of the Royal
Navy, and officers commanding Queen's ships and
revenue vessels.
The yachts of this club have the special privilege,
by warrants from the Lords of the Admirality, of
wearing the blue ensign ; they have also the privi-
lege of entering the ports of France, Holland, &c,
free of dues. The Lords Commissioners of her
Majesty's Treasury have been pleased to concede to
this Club all the privileges usually granted to other
Royal Yacht Clubs. The distinguishing flags of the
Club are, " Blue Burgee, with Yellow Crown and
.Anchor, and Blue Ensign." The Annual Regattas
of the Club take place at various ports on the Clyde.
R. Hope Robertson, 58 St. Vincent Street, secy.
GLASGOW AND CLYDESDALE SWIMMING
CLUB.
Headquarters — St. Andrew's Baths, Greendyke
Street.
Objects — The teaching and encouraging the art of
swimming, and rewarding members who may be
instrumental in saving life from drowning.
Practice meetings, twice weekly; viz., Mondays
and Thursdays at 8 p.m., at Headquarters.
Colours — Scarlet and White.
Patrons— Robt. Dalglish, M.P. ; William Graham,
M.P. ; George Anderson, M.P. ; Sir James Lums-
den ; the Hon. the Lord Provost of Glasgow, Bailie
Alexander Osborne, Bailie Robert Gilkison, William
Wilson, John Tennant, Walter Macfarlane, James
Moir, William Melvin, Robert R. Stephen, James
Coats, jun., and William M'Adam.
John Malcolm, president; Chas. Sinclair and Ben.
Selby, vice-presidents ; James Elder, treasurer; Jas.
B. M'Neil and Edward Hoar, lion, secretaries ; Jas.
Eeid, champion of Scotland and Ireland, captain ;
Archibald Brown, sub-captain ; James B. M'Neil,
swimming-master. Committee. — Alexander Wat-
son, William Elder, John C. Reid, Thomas Scott,
William M'Gown, T. Bain, C. K. Jenkins, and R.
Forsyth, with power to add to their number. Time-
keepers. — Messrs. C. K. Jenkins and Thomas Scott.
CLYDESDALE CRICKET CLUB.
Instituted 1848.
GROUND — KINNING PARK, PAISLEY ROAD.
Earl of Glasgow, patron ; R. Arthur, president ;
J. Gilchrist, jun., vice-president ; Mes3rs.'C. Cruick-
shanks, J. B. Burns, W. Neilson, council ; Messrs.
W. M'Pherson, A. Campbell, J. Stuart, E. Henry,
G. F. Webster, match committee; J. M'Arly, hon.
treasurer; Geo. F. Webster, 157 West George street,
hon. secretary. Annual subscription for ordinary
members, £1 lis. 6d. ; hon. members, £1 Is. The
monthly meetings of the club are on the first Thurs-
day of each month.
CLYDEGROVE CRrCKET CLUB.
Instituted 1857.
ground — dixon's park, Caledonia road.
Patrons.— W. S. Dixon, of Belleisle ; R. Dalglish,
M.P. ; W. Graham, M.P. ; Col. Buchanan, Drum-
pellier ; match secretary, James M. Macreadie, 18
Albert Drive, Crosshill.
EASTERHILL CRICKET CLUB.
GROUND EASTERHILL.
J. Dunlop, Esq. of Tollcross, honorary president :
D. Rodger, president; A. Barclay, vice-president;
T. D. Finlay, Esq. of Easterhill, captain ; J. Dale,
vice-captain; A. Mitchell, treasurer; J. Dale, 191
West George Street, honorary secretary.
Playing members, 30.
CALEDONIAN CRICKET CLUB.
Instituted 1852.
GROUND — HOLYROOD PARK, NEW CITY ROAD.
H. E. C. Ewing, jun., president; R. Leish, jun.,
21 Oakfield Terrace, Hillhead, secretary; D. Don-
aldson, 2 Franklin Terrace, treasurer; L. Thomson,
A. Watt, T. Chalmers, G. K. Hutton, S. S. Carrick,
general committee ; A. Watt, D. Donaldson, Thos.
Chalmers, match committee ; T. Chalmers, secretary
to match committee. Members, 100. Annual sub-
scription for ordinary members, £1 lis. 6d. ; honor-
ary members, £1. The monthly meetings of the
club take place on the first Tuesday of each month
in the club-house, Holyrood Park.
WESTERN CRICKET CLUB.
Instituted 1862.
GROUND— GILMOREHILL PARK, SAUGHFIELD ROAD,
HILLHEAD.
Patrons— The Earl of Glasgow ; Right Hon. H.
A. Bruce, Home Secretary; R. Dalglish, Esq., M.P.,
&c. President, J. Laughland, Esq. ; vice-president,
J. S. Henry, Esq. ; secretary, J. G. Newlands, 22
Gladstone street; treasurer. J. Kelly, 13 Franklin
terrace ; committee, G. A. D. C. Fergusson, R.
Sharp, and Archd. Hunter; match committee, R. B.
M'Pherson, J. Paterson, and T. J. Shaw ; match
committee secretary, Thos. J. Shaw, 13 Franklin
Terrace.
Annual subscription, £1.
WEST OF SCOTLAND CRICKET CLUB.
Season 1870.
Patrons — Earl of Glasgow ; Sir Michael Shaw
Stewart, Bart.; Sir E. Colebrooke, M.P. ; W. S.
Stirling-Crawford, Esq.; E. Dalglish, Esq., M.P. ;
W. Graham, Esq., M.P. ; G. Anderson, Esq., M.P.;
the Messrs. Higginbotham ; president, Colonel D.
C. R. Carrick Buchanan, of Drumpellier ; vice-presi-
dent, Sir George Campbell, Bart., of Garscube;
directors, B. P. Gregson, J. Lilburn, Captain F. W.
Lipscomb, John M'Neill, A. M'Geoch, W. S. Pater-
son, J. F. Perman, H. Tennent, jun.; treasurer,
Alexander Sloan, C.A., 106 St. Vincent street ; hon.
treasurer, William M'Kissock, Clydesdale Bank ;
honorary secretary, W. J. Brydon, 18 George Square.
Subscriptions payable to the Treasurer only.
Matches have been arranged with The Grange,
Kelso, North of Ireland, Merchiston Castle, Kent,
and other clubs.

Images and transcriptions on this page, including medium image downloads, may be used under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence unless otherwise stated. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence