‹‹‹ prev (13)

(15) next ›››

(14)
8
ASSOCIATIONS TOO LATE FOR CLASSIFICATION - .
Eeid, William, house painter, 44 Trongate; house,
1 Ingram street.
Eennie, James, quarrier, 125 Kent road ; house, 246
Saracen street, Possil park.
Eo3S, D. S. rope and twine manufacturer, Cumber-
nauld road ; house, 102 Annfield street.
Eussell & Co. Insurance Circular Printing Office,
South Exchange court.
Russell, Wallace, portioner, 2 Berlin terrace, Leven
street, Crosshill.
Scott, Mrs. F. milliner, 188 London road
Scottish General I)wellingCoiQpany(Limited),
E. B. Bruce, manager, 97 West George street. —
See Advertisement in Appendix.
Shnpatm, William, chemical, metal, and produce
bioker, and agent for British and Foreign manu-
factures, 21 West Nile street; house, 12 Hills-
borough square, Hillhead.
Smith, John, accountant and insurance agent, 62
Buchanan street; ho. 11 Albert road, Crosshill.
Smith, Robert, tea agent, 122 West Campbell street ;
house, 117 do.
Smith, Bobert, & Co. ironfounders 187, 189 North st.
Smith, Bobert (of B. Smith & Co.), house, 2 Ash-
grove terrace.
Smith, Mrs., Servants' Registry, 122 West Campbell
street ; house, 117 do.
Wilson, Wm.of Campbellfield, Holmhurst, Dowanhill
Young, John & Sons, firebrick and sewerage pipe
manufacturers, works, Heathfield and Cardowan ;
depot, head of Glebe street, St. Eollox ; office, 188
Buchanan street.— See Advertisement in Appendix.
ASSOCIATIONS
TOO LATE FOE CLASSIFICATION.
GLASGOW FOREIGN LANGUAGES
INSTITUTE.
7 Mansfield PI. (corner of Pitt St.) Blythswood Sq.
Director, Monsieur Montfort, B.A. Public and
private classes for ladies and gentlemen.
CALEDONIAN CRICKET CLUB.
Instituted 1852.
GROUND— KELVIN BRIDGE, GT. WESTERN ROAD.
President, H. E. Crum Ewing, jun. ; honorary
secretary, Jas. A. Allan, 126 Eenfield st.; honorary
treasurer, David Monro, 85 Queen St.; general com-
mittee, T. W. Orr, C. M. Hackay, W. D. Strachan,
A. Whi'son, G. P. Ewing; match committee, A.
Watt, A. Pcrteous, T. C. Gartly ; match secretary,
A. Watt, 44 Dalhousie street.
OEPHAN AND DESTITUTE CHILDREN'S
EMIGRATION HOMES.
Established in 1871.
19 West Prince's Street.
Boys' Home — Cessnock House, Govan Road.
Girls' Home— 93 Renfield Street.
Mission Hall and Children's Night Refuge —
East Grajme Street.
Instituted and superintended by Win. Quarrier.
(Private residence, 15 Dalhousie Street.) Carried on
by what is known as the M tiller principle. The
object of the Homes is to rescue orphan and destitute
children, and training and finding homes for them in
Christian families, here or in Canada. Ages of
children taken in from 4 to 14 years, and must be
healthy and destitute. Object of the mission is to
bring Gospel influences to bear on the most neglected,
to assist poor widows, and to provide a bed and
supper for any homeless child who may be sent to
the Eefuge. Also educational classes for youths, and
a free public house (without drink), where working
men who have not home comforts are welcome to
spend their leisure time. Upwards of 300 children
have been rescued since the Homes were opened, and
with very few exceptions, all are doing well.
GLASGOW LETTERPRESS-PRINTERS'
ROWING CLUB.
President, Peter Orr; vice-president, R. Purdie ;
captain, S. Moore; vice-captain, John M'Dougall;
treasurer, J. Campbell, 20 St. James' st., Kingston ;
secretary, J. Collinson, 72 South Wellington St.;
committee, Messrs. Walker, Murdoch, Mair, M'Ghie.
Eiddell, Kay, and M'Gregor. Entrance fees, 10s. 6d.
and 7s. 6d.
GLASGOW VETERINARY COLLEGE.
Founded 1861, rmd Incorporated under Rojal Sign
Manual, with the Royal College of Veterinary
Surgeons.
Patrons — His Grace the Duke of Argyll, His Graca
the Duke of Hamilton, the Hon. the Lord Provost
and Magistrates of the city of Glasgow, the professors
of the University of Glasgow, the Highland and
Agricultural Society of Scotland, &c, &c. Prin-
cipal, Professor M'Call.
Professors — Veterinary Medicine and Surgery,
Jas. M'Call, M.E.O.V.S.; veterinary materia medica,
T. D. Moffat, L R.C.P.E.; veterinary anatomy, Wm.
Fordie, M.E.C.V.S.; chemistry, Stephen Cooke, F.C.S.;
physiology, David N. Knox, M.A., M.B. ; botany,
Stephen Cooke, F.C.S.; hospital practice and general
clinical instruction, James M'Call, M.R.C.V.S.; Jas.
W. Dawson, 85 Bucclsuch street, secretary to the
College.
TRADES' SCHOOL.
This school was established in 1808, and affords
a five years' course of instruction in the English and
commercial branches, together with music and scrip-
ture knowledge, to 108 boys and 108 girls, the sons
and daughters of freemen of any of the incorpora-
tions; and the girls are also taught sewing and
knitting.
Jas. Galloway, head master; J. S. Cook, second
master ; Miss Maggie M'Donald, industrial depart-
ment ; J. Robson, music master; W. Stewart, draw-
ing master.

Images and transcriptions on this page, including medium image downloads, may be used under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence unless otherwise stated. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence