Page 42George Parker's house, Fairlie, Ayrshire. Built as a summer residence in 1818, the house remained in the Parker family for over a hundred years. In 1935 the house was gutted by fire and rebuilt with an extra wing. In the 1950s the house passed into the ownership of the General Electric Company, who used it as a guest house for visitors to Hunterston Nuclear Power Station. It returned to private hands and the added wing was demolished.