Terms and conditions
Copyright and our website
All images, text, sound and video are in National Library of Scotland copyright, unless we state otherwise. You can access, download and print the contents of this website on a temporary basis for research for a non-commercial purpose or private study. All other rights are reserved by the Library, unless clearly stated.
You must get written permission for any other use, including:
- Reproduction in any form
- Transmission, performance, display, lending, or storage in any medium, system or program
- You must ensure that you use any information relating to living individuals that you find in our collections in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1998.
- We will use the information you provide in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and in line with our privacy statement.
Third-party terms and conditions
- Your rights and obligations relating to an external resource or website are governed by that service provider's terms and conditions, including any licence agreements.
- We cannot accept any liability in connection with:
- The operation of any external resource or external supplier's website which you may access using your NLS login
- The use by external service providers or suppliers of any personal information you pass to them
- The operation of any software other than the software used (whether on its own or in conjunction with the software) to authorise access to an external resource or external supplier's website.
Changes to terms and conditions
We may revise these conditions at any time and any changes will be notified via our website. By continuing to use our resources and services, after we notify a change of condition, you are agreeing to these revised terms and conditions of use.